Ashton Deroy, is a web Marketing expert who attends Seneca College for Business & Marketing. He is a graduate of St. Lawrence College’s interactive Marketing program and Loyalist College’s Creative Advertising program.
Ashton Deroy Writes:
Okay yes hiring engineers to do websites unless you are willing to spend $1000+ is garbage. I still hate these services like Webflow and WIXX! Why do I hate them? These services target average users, who create bad looking projects and who are never properly trained to use the software to its optimum use!
Why do I hate them? it is because of this idealization “Lets give morons the capability to be designers. then let them execute a sloppy ass website that won’t meet their promotion objectives, won’t meet their goals and oh yeah not a single person will consult with them who is an expert making the website stupid as hell!”
Then there is more dumb shit that comes from these software tools as well. Not only do you get morons making lame ass websites, they also miss the following essential features for executing web marketing campaigns.
- Marketing dashboard- Where do you measure your key performance indicators? Where are you going to measure website bounce, what content is attracting traffic versus really bad content. All blogs should be setup on WordPress for the dashboard alone.
- Social media integration – Sharing options for posts to Facebook. Calls to action to increase social media followings and a funnel for potential leads.
- Lead retrieval
- SEO writing tools (Most stupid over priced websites are missing this)
- Tag use – Where is the conversation happening? A Tag is like your Walkies talkie channel. You choose a frequency where your messaging can occur.
- Traffic generation strategy– People set up these design websites that are stationary in traffic and think they will make them money. The idea is stupid as hell! Websites generate their traffic from Social media, Search engines and printed promotion.
Why I use WordPress
I used to use a dumb ass engineer named Rick Wirthlin! The guy had no people skills and I was worse off pay $500 for one of his websites than paying $460 for one of my own.
Why do I use WordPress?
- Informational website setups
- Built in traffic system
- Tags to have conversations in
- The SEO Writing tool
- WordPress websites rank higher than customs
- Attracting Press attention
- Easy E Commerce integration
- All the tools I need for website operation in one convenient place.